Position Title: Division Assistant Vice President of Operations
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Position Description & Required Qualifications:
Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Division Assistant Vice President of Physician Services where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our HCA Healthcare team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a Division Assistant Vice President of Physician Services where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of the Division Assistant Vice President serves as the second in command and chief operations officer in PSG’s largest divisions. The position serves as the market representative for the Division leadership, holding providers accountable to the contracted terms and ensuring that the interest of HCA Healthcare and the Division are met. The position will communicate regularly (monthly MOR and PRN) with the Division Vice President, Division CFO and the Divisions’ hospitals’ CEOs. This position monitors the activities and operations of all the programs components to ensure the programs meet the Division’s goals of improved quality, efficiency, volume, and patient / physician satisfaction.
What you will do in this role:
· You will assist the Division Vice President in providing leadership, direction, and management in large divisions (in excess of 40 providers) for all aspects of physician operations
· You will ensure strategic initiatives, regulatory and HCA policies and procedures are implemented efficiently and effectively in all clinics
· You will oversee the strategic direction to significant numbers of physicians and advanced practice providers often in geographically isolated areas and submarkets
· You will work effectively with DVP, serving as liaison to hospital CEOs and Division Leadership to meet the needs of the organization and HCA Healthcare
· You will help develop and drive the strategic direction of the markets in conjunction with the Division and the hospital CEOs
· You will oversee the overall responsibility for the functions of the practices in the assigned markets to ensure maximum, utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services
· You will work effectively with HCA Physician Services management and support teams and the physician recruiting function of HCA Physician Services and hospital liaisons to support the placement of qualified physicians in employed practices
· You will participate in annual budgeting process including analysis of staffing levels and recommends actions to eliminate negative variance
· You will oversee and manage all employed physicians and practices in accordance with HCAPS standards and policies ensuring that each practice meets and/or exceeds their financial targets
· You will be responsible for implementing and tracking all quality initiatives in conjunction with HCA and other regulatory standards, to include facilitation of quarterly quality reviews and providing for problem resolutions
· You will develop and implement volume growth initiatives and performance metrics. Works effectively with sales and marketing to enhance our growth initiatives
What qualifications you will need:
· Bachelor’s degree business, healthcare, or nursing required
· 5+ years of experience in Physician practice management experience
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Director of Physician Services I. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.